Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

I came across a blog that had gluten free peanut butter cookies and she raved so much about them, I had to try them.  Afterall, I'm so stuck on chocolate chip cookies, it's about time I try something new.  They are fantastic cookies and both my girls liked them.  The true test will be what my hubby says about them!  Alex Thomopolous is a food blogger and a professional chef.  Pay her a visit and check out her other fancy and easy recipes.  A little shout out is the least I can to support other bloggers when they give me good ideas.

What you need:
1 c. smooth peanut butter (I prefer natural peanut butter for a better, healthier cookie)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg at room temperature
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract

What to do:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.  (I used electric hand mixer, or a whisk will do, too)

Roll dough into balls, about a tablespoon size and place on greased cookie sheet.

350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

After 10 minutes, my cookies were still in balls so I took the good ol' fashioned fork and gently pushed each cookie down to get those fun criss-cross marks that peanut butter cookies are so famous for.  Then I continued baking for another 4-5 minutes.

Take cookies out and let cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes.  Then gently transfer the cookies to parchment paper or a cooling rack.  Let sit for 10 minutes and they will become a bit crispier.  Trust me, wait the 10 minutes.  They aren't quite as good until they've been cooled to a firmer cookie.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment